- Major: Family Nurse Practitioner
- Degree: Doctor of Nursing Practice
- School/College: Nursing
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Summer Application Deadlines
Early: September 1
Priority: November 1
Final: February 1
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (from all earned degrees)
- Transcripts from all Colleges/Universities (regardless of number of credits earned)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (from a doctorally prepared registered nurse or physician)
- Personal Goal Statement: respond to prompt included in application
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Current Unencumbered RN Licensure in State of Practice
- BLS certification
- Verification of Work Hours form (confirming you have at least 2400 hours within the past 24 months)
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Summer Semester
A Note from the Program
The Family Nurse Practitioner D.N.P. is a practice degree designed to prepare nurses as clinical practitioners/scholars to assume advanced practice clinical roles. The curricular plan is designed for the student who has a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.). The degree prepares graduates to provide direct patient management in primary care across many complex health systems as well as population based and application science to improve patient outcomes. Graduates will be prepared to lead and care for diverse populations in the community they serve. Graduates are employed in a variety of primary care settings ranging from emergency departments, federally qualified health centers, urban and rural family practice/primary care practices.
This curriculum prepares nurses to sit for the Family Nurse Practitioner national certification.
This online program is available in states whose licensing boards approve distance learning. While the majority of students are from SC and surrounding states, the USC College of Nursing is not currently authorized to provide this program in all states. Please refer to our State Authorization website for a list of all available states.