- Major: Nursing Education
- Degree: Master of Science in Nursing
- School/College: Nursing
See the program curriculum and learn about admission.
Ready to apply? Take note of any deadlines and documents required for this degree program.
Fall Application Deadline: May 1
- Complete Application for the Graduate School
- Transcripts with a minimum GPA of 3.0 from previous undergraduate degree (all transcripts are reviewed regardless of the program)
- 3 Letters of Reference: The professional recommendation form should come from three individuals with a master's or higher in a healthcare field who can evaluate your potential for success in a graduate program. (Letters of recommendation cannot be used in lieu of our recommendation form.) Recommendations from family members are not appropriate.
- Personal Goal Statement: use prompts provided in the application
- Current CV or Resume: Include your record of employment, academic history, certifications, awards, honors, honorary or professional organization membership, teaching and/or leadership experience, volunteer, or community service. Also mention experience with diverse and/or underserved populations and paid/volunteer healthcare experiences.
- Current Unencumbered RN Licensure in State of Residence
Applications Accepted for These Semesters...
- Fall Semester
A Note from the Program
Thank you for your interest in the Nursing Education MSN program. This online program is available in states whose licensing boards approve distance learning. While the majority of students are from SC and surrounding states, the USC College of Nursing is not currently authorized to provide this program in all states. Please refer to our State Authorization website for a list of all available states.
The Nursing Education program (NE) prepares registered nurses who want to gain the skills necessary to become a skilled academic or clinical nurse educator. Graduates are eligible to sit for the National League of Nursing’s certification for nurse educator (CNE) examination.