Thank you for attending our Nutrition Consortium Research Symposium!
Thursday, March 23, 2023
USC Alumni Center
We greatly appreciate your participation. Please take a few minutes to fill out our feedback survey. Your responses are much appreciated.
Symposium Oral Presentations
- Sara Wilcox: The Health In Pregnancy and Postpartum (HIPP) Trial – Weight Versus Behavioral Outcomes [pdf]
- Edward Frongillo: Assessing and Monitoring Healthy Diets in the US and Globally
- Brie Turner-McGrievy: What’s going on in the Behavioral Research in Eating Lab? Where we are and where we hope to go! [pdf]
- Susan Steck: Dietary intake of advanced glycation end products and risk of cancer [pdf]
- Elizabeth Adams: Veggie Vouchers – Increasing knowledge and use of the SNAP Healthy Bucks program [pdf]
- Nick Younginer: Evaluation and Implementation of the South Carolina SNAP-Ed Program [pdf]
- Christine Blake: Applying Understanding of Drivers of Food Choice to Promote Sustainable Healthy Diets in LMIC [pdf]
- Abbie Lane: Physical activity, lactation, and cardiometabolic risk in parous women
- Jim Thrasher: Evaluating nutrition labeling policy changes in the US and Mexico: Emerging research from the International Food Policy Study [pdf]
- Hala Ghattas: Food security, nutrition and health inequities in the context of protracted crises
- Katie Hirsch: Nutritional supplementation to support exercise, metabolism, and healthy aging across the female lifespan.
- Christa Demment-Gonzalez: Teaching Kitchens for Improved Health Outcomes
- Angela Liese: Cultivating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive campus culture: The NIH FIRST FIIRRE initiative
- Teresa Moore: ACEND Demonstration Program Application for M.S. in Performance Nutrition and Dietetics
- Audrey Richards: Spring 2023 for the Student Nutrition Group
Symposium Poster Presentation Winners
1st Place: Emmanuel Julceus, MD, MPH - "Child-Reported Food Security in Children with Type 1 Diabetes: Association with Glycemic Control and Mental Health Symptoms Independent of Household Food Security"
2nd Place: Sejla Isanovic, MPH - "How do policies address food safety? Evidence from policy document analyses in three African countries."
Poster Presentation Winners and Nutrition Consortium Director, Christine Blake, and Coordinator, Emma Kenney
Learn more about our previous Nutrition Symposia.